Tulloch Winery Sign

TULLOCH IS A WINERY with many years of history behind it. The story began back in 1838 when James Tulloch emigrated to Australia from Scotland, settling in Camberwell. When his grandson, John Tulloch (who owned the local general store) accepted an unusual debt settlement it was for 43 acres of land in Pokolbin, not far away. The property, with its five acres of neglected Shiraz vines, appealed to John (J.Y.) and he got inspired to get into viticulture and the making of wine.

Already by the 1920's, J.Y. was known as the largest vigneron in the Hunter Valley area and the wines were becoming known for their excellent quality. The name Tulloch became official in 1938. During the 1950's, the Pokolbin Dry Red Shiraz and Hunter River White wines were developed and became very popular. Throughout all these years, the company was operated by the family until it was sold in 1969 for the first time. For a period of time until 2001, the winery was owned by several large companies and changed hands a number of times.

2001 – and the chance now came for the great grandson, Jay Tulloch, to buy back the old family company. Committed to producing premium wines under the Tulloch name once again, the winery entered a new chapter, with the next generation on board as well in the form of Jay's youngest daughter, Christina, as the present general manager and her brother Jock as export manager.

In 2003 a new Cellar Door and Function Venue made its debut. Placed at the foot of the Brokenback Range, among the vines, this is a beautiful setting - both historical and contemporary at the same time.

Tulloch came to Danthonia for a dimensional handcrafted entrance sign that would underline the quality of their winery and cellar door. They chose the look of real gold - both in the main text and in the incise carved logo, which is all carved using hand chisels.

Carved & Gilded / Painted
Incise Carved & Gilded
Sign Size
84 " x 56 "